Saturday, March 12, 2011

Creating an Avatar with IMVU



For this extra credit opportunity, I decided to create an avatar using imvu.com.  This website contained an abundance of avatar creation tools to change the appearance and fashion of the character displayed.  After selecting the gender and style for my avatar, I had the chance to select features such as hairstyle, eyebrow shape, and eye shape/color.  In addition, I had the choice of picking from different types of tops (shirts), bottoms (pants/shorts), and shoes for the character to wear.

Ultimately, I created the avatar to mimic my look and style.  By using the "Search" field in the "Shop" tab during the creation of my avatar, I found items such as clothing and hairstyles to incorporate into my character.  In fact, the TOOL shirt worn by my avatar in the image above was the exact shirt I was wearing when I created the character.  Although I have never created an avatar before, I found the process to be very fun.  With so many options available to the creator, the possibilities are practically endless.

All you have to do is express yourself....



Works Cited

*Screen shot displayed is original work.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment